Some sites to visit that I've found interesting,
for one reason or another!
back to the Knutsford
Ornithological Society Homepage
- birding in the Pyrenees -
Les Sorbiers at least 10% discount
if you mention the KOS!
- Thinking of travelling up to Speyside for some
birding? then look no further than
Ballifurth Farm for quality accomodation.
- British Wild Flowers John Somerville's splendid website
that will eventually contain pictures of every species of plant to be found in
accommodation on the Llyn Peninsula, centrally situated, within striking
distance of all the best birding spots in North Wales
- Wild West Yorkshire Richard Bell's unique Wildlife diary, A
well designed website containing some lovely illustrations.
- Friends of Caldy
Park - The Friends Group was formed in 1991 and is very active in working
with Chester City Council to develop and maintain the park, keeping a balance
between the needs of local people and the wildlife.
- Greenheys Farm - A site about farming in Cheshire, by a
real Farmer - you can almost smell the cow ---- !!
- The long awaited website of the
"Thursday Group" - but remember I didn't tell you
where it was !
Britain - Online magazine: the Bird Guide to over 100 species has a Norfolk
bias, but makes good reading, obviously written by "real"
- In the old days we had to work hard for
Red Kites !
- Do you know what Phenology is? - you're about
to find out!
- Birds on stamps! a splendid site - we've all collected
stamps at one time or another!
Focalpoint Friendly, Cheshire based Optical suppliers with unrivalled
viewing facilities and an excellent Web Site complete with up-to-date rare bird
- The Woolston Eyes Conservation Group homepage a very
knowledgable group of enthusiasts - we're talking real Ornithology here!
- If you want to see what civilisation is all
about then visit Norway, if you can't go personally
and take a real-time view from The University of Tromso across to the beautiful
Arctic Cathedral, remember though it's 24 hour darkness in the Winter months!
- Download the
clock free of charge and your computers time will always be spot-on!!
"Speccy" refuses to lie down and die, now down to
£5 at car boot sales.
pre-Spectrum technology, but still going strong - fascinating reading
- International communication without wires or
fibre optics or whatever they use ......Amateur Radio
learn a little more about the Town -
even more from an unexpected source!
- Every time there's an
the Northern Hemisphere, there's one over Antarctica at the same time. Not a
lot of people know that.
- Links to other Ornithological Sites? You'll
find them all here!
- At last the
RSPB HOMEPAGE was it
worth waiting for?.........judge for yourself!
- Everyone should own a
stationary engine ,
more relaxing than fishing or a glass of red wine!
back to the KOS Homepage
links last checked 10 May 2006